Whatever stage of your career you’re at, we can help you get to where you want to be.
We offer support to women throughout their career. We have a programme of events and courses across Scotland which can help you become more positive and confident to make informed career decisions. Our workshops provide a space to reflect on not only internal development, but how the external environment of a male dominated STEM sector impacts women’s participation.
Our series of 1 day courses are tailored to your career stage so whether you’re starting out in your career, returning after a career break or competing for a senior position we’re here to help.
A pilot programme in 2016 supporting women back into employment in STEM industries after a career break received phenomenal feedback from the 15 women participants. In February 2017 we launched our Women Returners Scotland development programme and are seeking women we can support over a longer period to brush up on skills and knowledge and rebuild confidence in a working environment, to increase readiness to return to work. The Programme includes an opportunity to apply for a three-month placement with participating employers.
Our recent impact survey of 300 women who had engaged with Equate Scotland showed:
- 97% of women would recommend Equate Scotland’s career development services.
- 40% said that Equate Scotland was their only access to career support.
- 90% of women reported a positive impact on their skills.
- 21% of women secured a new job.
- 75% of women reported a positive impact on their employment.
- 82% felt there was a direct link between their engagement with Equate Scotland and the outcomes they reported.