Equate Scotland are the national experts on recruiting and retaining women in STEM. These industries need strong talent, along with the innovation and problem solving made possible by diversity. Women and girls are equipped to plug the skills gaps yet still remain grossly underrepresented, with only 27% of women who study STEM remaining in the industry.
Reaching out to women is no easy feat. Some organisations may be getting started with positive action initiatives, questioning what they can and cannot do. Some may be taking positive action already but seeing limited return on their investment. Others may be uncertain how to stay within tight timeframes, budgets and the law.
Equate Scotland present a half-day training session exploring strategies to rise to the challenge and increase women’s participation. The event will include refreshments and lunch.
- Gain knowledge of the practical, lawful steps needed to take positive action and encourage talented women to join and stay in STEM
- Explore positive action language in depth and learn a practical process for making inclusive recruitment collateral
- Develop a plan to take back to your organisation
- Network with other employers and training providers to share best practice and make links for the future
- Develop or strengthen your relationship with Equate Scotland’s experts and book bespoke follow up support and/or training.
Who should attend?
This event is for employers and training providers who are already committed to equality in STEM. It assumes knowledge of unconscious bias and is therefore ideal for those who have already had unconscious bias training, either via Equate Scotland or another provider
It is open to people of all genders and is designed to cater to a wide range of professionals. Strategists, directors, HR professionals, marketing professionals, equality and diversity leads, line managers and board members may find the event particularly relevant.
Please be aware that places are limited and we expect them to book up quickly.