Are you a female Modern Apprentice working in science, engineering, technology or construction?
Then we warmly invite you to join us at our MA Connect event. In partnership with SSE, we are hosting an informal evening of networking and career development workshops.
Come along to:
- Network with other MAs working in STEM
- Hear from former MAs about how their career has progressed since completing their apprenticeships
- Hear about becoming a STEM Ambassador
- Take part in workshops to develop core career skills.
This event takes place at SSE, 1 Waterloo St, Glasgow G2 6AY
Refreshments and a buffet will be provided.
For further information please contact Kirstie Farmer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants can sign up for one of the following workshops:
Workshop 1: Thinking beyond your MA – Developing your professional networks
This interactive workshop will explore the importance of developing professional networks as part of your career development. Through this workshop you will understand:
– Why networks are important
– How to build your own networks
– How to make the most of the development opportunities that arise
Workshop 2: Assertiveness in the Workplace
Assertive behaviours can help you express yourself in direct, honest and appropriate ways, respecting both the rights of yourself, and of others. At this workshop you will:
– Understand the difference between assertive, aggressive and non-assertive behaviours
– Use scenarios to practice assertive responses to different situations
Workshop 3: Telling your MA story – Public Speaking
Want to tell people about your MA but don’t know where to start? This workshop will go through good public speaking skills and how you can inspire other girls and women. At this workshop you will:
– Learn public speaking top tips
– Share your story and practice some public speaking (only if you want to!)
– Get ready to be an ambassador for modern apprenticeships