What we do
At Equate Scotland, we make a positive difference for women in science engineering, technology and the built environment.
Established in 2006, Equate Scotland is Scotland’s expert in gender equality throughout these fields. We make a tangible and sustainable change enabling women studying and working in these keys sectors to develop, by supporting their recruitment, retention and progression. Our vision is of a progressive Scotland where women can contribute equally to advancements in science, engineering and technology and have fair access to the jobs of the future.
We work across Scotland and across sectors
In order to achieve this ambition we work alongside industry, academia, the Scottish Government and public bodies, creating positive changes in employment practices and workplace cultures which benefit everyone.
We achieve this by:
- Delivering training and support for women at each stage of their career.
- Offering consultation, advice and training for industry to improve gender equality and diversity in the workplace.
- Providing opportunities for female students to make valuable links with industry via our interconnect network – the UK’s only student network for women STEM students.
- Organising industry placements for women students and returners with progressive employers throughout Scotland.
What we do
- Workshops covering topics such as interview and applications; media training; career development and women entrepreneurs.
- Career-focused events through Interconnect for women students, helping them make links with industry and other women professionals.
- Providing quality coaching support and advice.
- Equality and diversity training for students, apprentices and businesses.
- Consultancy services for academia, business and industry.